It sounds like you are looking for FetcherLagMetrics. See
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring you can (if you find
your ISR shrink/growth rate flapping) increase the max lag setting
replica.lag.max.messages (default is 4000) depending on where you see this
lag often hovering at as such... bursty traffic (especially with batched
messages) can upset this, yup.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC