Hi all,
    I'm evaluating using Kafka.

I liked this thing of Facebook scribe that you log to your own machine and
then there's a separate process that forwards messages to the central
logger.

With Kafka it seems that I have to embed the publisher in my app, and deal
with any communication problem managing that on the producer side.

I googled quite a bit trying to find a project that would basically use
daemon that parses a log file and send the lines to the Kafka cluster
(something like a tail file.log but instead of redirecting the output to
the console: send it to kafka)

Does anyone knows about something like that?

Thanks!
Fernando.