Thanks for sharing this Otis, I am also quite surprised about Python / Go
popularity.

At LinkedIn we use a REST proxy server for our non-java clients, but
introducing a second hop will also bring more overhead as well as
complexities, such as producer acking and offset committing, etc. So I
think by the end of the day non-java clients will still be around.

Guozhang

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
otis.gospodne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I promised to share the results of this poll, and here they are:
>
> http://blog.sematext.com/2015/01/28/kafka-poll-results-producer-consumer/
>
> List of "surprises" is there.  I wonder if anyone else is surprised by any
> aspect of the breakdown, or is the breakdown just as you expected?
>
> Otis

-- Guozhang