Have there been any changes with 0.8.2 in how the marker gets moved when
you use the high-level consumer?

One problem I have always had was: what if I pull something from the
stream, but then I have an error in processing it?  I don't really want to
move the marker.

I would almost like the client to have a callback mechanism for processing,
and the marker only gets moved if the high level consumer successfully
implements my callback/processor (with no exceptions, at least).