The setting you want is buffer.memory, but I don't think there's a way to
get the amount of remaining space.

The setting block.on.buffer.full controls the behavior when you run out of
space. Neither setting silently drops messages. It will either block until
there is space to add the message or throw an exception, which your
application can catch and handle however it wants.

-Ewen

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM, sunil kalva <sambarc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> essentially i want to use this property "queue.buffering.max.messages" with
> new KafkaProducer class, and also want to access the current value of the
> queue
>
> SunilKalva
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:51 PM, sunil kalva <sambarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> > How do i get the size of the inmemory queue which are holding messages
> and
> > ready to send in async producer, i am using new KafkaProducer class in
> > 0.8.2.
> >
> > Basically instead of dropping the messages silently, i want to avoid
> > sending messages if the queue is already full. I am using async
> > KafkaProdcuer class.
> >
> > Or is there anyother better way to handle this, since i am using async
> > client i can not catch the exception i think.
> >
> > --
> > SunilKalva
> >

> --
> SunilKalva