DeleteTopic makes a node in zookeeper to let controller know that there is a
topic up for deletion. This doesn’t immediately delete the topic it can take
time depending if all the partitions of that topic are online and brokers are
available as well.  Once all the Log files deleted zookeeper node gets deleted
as well.
Also make sure you don’t have any producers or consumers are running while the
topic deleting is going on.

--
Harsha

On March 23, 2015 at 1:29:50 AM, anthony musyoki (anthony.musy...@gmail.com)