We are running ZooKeeper in ensemble (Cluster of 3 / 5).  With further
investigation, I found that the Connect Exception throws for all "inflight"
producers.

Say we are pushing 50 msg/s to a topic. Stop the leader Kafka for that
topic. Producers are unable to push messages to the Kafka Cluster and
starts throwing the Connect Exception.

*Exception* WARN 2015-05-04 10:27:41,052 [kafka-producer-network-thread |
NOTIFICATION_CATEGORY_ALARM]: Selector:poll() :  : Error in I/O with
tcstest2.nmsworks.co.in/192.168.11.140
~[?:1.7.0_40]
        at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:735)
~[?:1.7.0_40]
        at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.poll(Selector.java:238)
[kafka-clients-0.8.2.0.jar:?]
        at
org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient.poll(NetworkClient.java:192)
[kafka-clients-0.8.2.0.jar:?]
        at
org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.Sender.run(Sender.java:191)
[kafka-clients-0.8.2.0.jar:?]
        at
org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.Sender.run(Sender.java:122)
[kafka-clients-0.8.2.0.jar:?]

*Description of a Kafka topic*

[root@tcstest2 bin]# sh kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181
--describe | grep NOTIFICATION_CATEGORY_ALARM
Topic:NOTIFICATION_CATEGORY_ALARM    PartitionCount:1
ReplicationFactor:3    Configs:
    Topic: NOTIFICATION_CATEGORY_ALARM    Partition: 0    Leader: 1
Replicas: 2,0,1    Isr: 1,0

Leader is switching but producers are unable to find the new leader. How to
resolve it?