Hi Jamie,
        I am currently working on providing ssl support for kafka. Here are the
iras https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1690 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1684 . If you are using REST api to
front kafka producer than you can probably make that http server to be on ssl.
--
Harsha

On May 7, 2015 at 7:07:58 PM, Jamie Wang (jamie.w...@actuate.com) wrote:

Hello,

It's been a while since my team worked on kafka related project. Btw, previous
project using Kafka worked wonderfully for us. Now I have requirement to use
https or SSL. I am wondering if the latest version has support for SSL. If not,
what is the timeline this functionality would supported and if there is any
suggestion on what I can do in the interim to provide a similar functionality
using Kakfa. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Jamie