Hi,

In the big data ecosystem, I have started to use kafka, essentially, as a:
-  unordered list/array, and
- a cluster-wide pipe

I guess you could argue that any message bus product is a simple array/pipe
but kafka's scale and model make things so easy :)

I am wondering if there are any abstractions on top of kafka that will let
me use kafka to store/organize other simple data structures like a
linked-list? I have a use case for massive linked list that can easily grow
to tens of gigabytes and could easily use - (1) redundancy (2) multiple
producers/consumers working on processing the list (implemented over spark,
storm etc).

Any ideas? Maybe maintain a linked-list of offsets in another store like
ZooKeeper or a NoSQL DB while store the messages on kafka?

Thanks,

- Tim