Chandrashekhar,

If the firewall rules allow any TCP connection on those ports, you can just
use Kafka directly and change the default port. If they actually verify
that its HTTP traffic then you'd have to the REST Proxy Edward mentioned or
another HTTP-based proxy.

-Ewen

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe what you are looking for is Kafka REST Proxy:
> http://docs.confluent.io/1.0/kafka-rest/docs/intro.html
>
> Edward
>
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Chandrashekhar Kotekar <
> shekhar.kote...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my project Kafka producers won't be in the same network of Kafka
> brokers
> > and due to security reasons other ports are blocked.
> >
> > I would like to know if it is possible to run Kafka brokers on HTTP port
> > (8080) so that Kafka producers will send Kafka messages over HTTP and
> > brokers can store them until consumers consume them.
> >
> > I tried to search for this type of question in mailing list but couldn't
> > find exact question/answer. Sorry if this is duplicate question.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chandrash3khar Kotekar
> > Mobile - +91 8600011455

Ewen