Hi all,

If I wanted to write my own partitioner, all I would need to do is write a
class that extends Partitioner and override the partition function,
correct? I am currently doing so, at least, with a class in the package
'services', yet when I use:

properties.put("partitioner.class", "services.myPartitioner");

and instantiate my producer, this doesn't work properly. I'm using a simple
switch statement, so I am led to believe that I have not improperly written
my partitioner. After attempting to debug the issue, I
notice that the constructor I'm entering when attempting to instantiate the
producer has the line:

this.partitioner = new Partitioner();

which more or less ignores my input. Any ideas? Help is appreciated!

--

Jiefu Gong
University of California, Berkeley | Class of 2017

jg...@berkeley.edu <elise...@berkeley.edu> | (925) 400-3427