We are fronting all our Kafka requests with a simple web service (we do
some additional massaging and writing to other stores as well). The new
KafkaProducer in 0.8.2 seems very geared towards producer batching. Most of
our payload are single messages.

Producer batching basically sets us up for lost messages if our web service
goes down with unflushed messaged in the producer.

Another issue is when we have a batch of records. It looks like I have to
call producer.send for each record and deal with individual futures
returned.

Are there any patterns for primarily single message requests, without
losing data? I understand the throughput will be low.

Thanks!
-Neelesh