Below is a list of candidate bug fix jiras marked fixed for 0.8.3. I don't
suspect all of these will (or should) make it into the release but this
should be a relatively complete list to work from:

   - KAFKA-2114 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2114>: Unable
   to change min.insync.replicas default
   - KAFKA-1702 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1702>:
   Messages silently Lost by producer
   - KAFKA-2012 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2012>: Broker
   should automatically handle corrupt index files
   - KAFKA-2406 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2406>: ISR
   propagation should be throttled to avoid overwhelming controller.
   - KAFKA-2336 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2336>:
   Changing offsets.topic.num.partitions after the offset topic is created
   breaks consumer group partition assignment
   - KAFKA-2337 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2337>: Verify
   that metric names will not collide when creating new topics
   - KAFKA-2393 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2393>:
   Correctly Handle InvalidTopicException in KafkaApis.getTopicMetadata()
   - KAFKA-2189 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2189>: Snappy
   compression of message batches less efficient in 0.8.2.1
   - KAFKA-2308 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2308>: New
   producer + Snappy face un-compression errors after broker restart
   - KAFKA-2042 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2042>: New
   producer metadata update always get all topics.
   - KAFKA-1367 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1367>: Broker
   topic metadata not kept in sync with ZooKeeper
   - KAFKA-972 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-972>:
MetadataRequest
   returns stale list of brokers
   - KAFKA-1867 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1867>: liveBroker
   list not updated on a cluster with no topics
   - KAFKA-1650 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1650>: Mirror
   Maker could lose data on unclean shutdown.
   - KAFKA-2009 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2009>: Fix
   UncheckedOffset.removeOffset synchronization and trace logging issue in
   mirror maker
   - KAFKA-2407 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2407>: Only
   create a log directory when it will be used
   - KAFKA-2327 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2327>: broker
   doesn't start if config defines advertised.host but not advertised.port
   - KAFKA-1788: producer record can stay in RecordAccumulator forever if
   leader is no available
   - KAFKA-2234 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2234>:
   Partition reassignment of a nonexistent topic prevents future reassignments
   - KAFKA-2096 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2096>: Enable
   keepalive socket option for broker to prevent socket leak
   - KAFKA-1057 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1057>: Trim
   whitespaces from user specified configs
   - KAFKA-1641 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1641>: Log
   cleaner exits if last cleaned offset is lower than earliest offset
   - KAFKA-1648 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1648>: Round
   robin consumer balance throws an NPE when there are no topics
   - KAFKA-1724 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1724>: Errors
   after reboot in single node setup
   - KAFKA-1758 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1758>: corrupt
   recovery file prevents startup
   - KAFKA-1866 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1866>:
   LogStartOffset gauge throws exceptions after log.delete()
   - KAFKA-1883 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1883>:
NullPointerException
   in RequestSendThread
   - KAFKA-1896 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1896>: Record
   size funcition of record in mirror maker hit NPE when the message value is
   null.
   - KAFKA-2101 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2101>: Metric
   metadata-age is reset on a failed update
   - KAFKA-2112 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2112>: make
   overflowWheel volatile
   - KAFKA-2117 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2117>:
   OffsetManager uses incorrect field for metadata
   - KAFKA-2164 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2164>:
   ReplicaFetcherThread: suspicious log message on reset offset
   - KAFKA-1668 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1668>:
   TopicCommand doesn't warn if --topic argument doesn't match any topics
   - KAFKA-2198 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2198>:
   kafka-topics.sh exits with 0 status on failures
   - KAFKA-2235 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2235>:
   LogCleaner offset map overflow
   - KAFKA-2241 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2241>:
   AbstractFetcherThread.shutdown() should not block on
   ReadableByteChannel.read(buffer)
   - KAFKA-2272 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2272>:
   listeners endpoint parsing fails if the hostname has capital letter
   - KAFKA-2345 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2345>: Attempt
   to delete a topic already marked for deletion throws ZkNodeExistsException
   - KAFKA-2353 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2353>:
   SocketServer.Processor should catch exception and close the socket properly
   in configureNewConnections.
   - KAFKA-1836 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1836>:
   metadata.fetch.timeout.ms set to zero blocks forever
   - KAFKA-2317 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2317>: De-register
   isrChangeNotificationListener on controller resignation

Note: KAFKA-2120 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2120> &
KAFKA-2421 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2421> were
mentioned in previous emails, but are not in the list because they are not
committed yet.

Hope that helps the effort.

Thanks,
Grant