Hi Stevo,

There are a couple of options to verify the topic exists:

   1. Consume from a topic with "offsets.storage=kafka". If its not created
   already, this should create it.
   2. List and describe the topic using the Kafka topics script. Ex:

bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --list

bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --describe --topic
__consumer_offsets

   1. Check the ZNode exists in Zookeeper. Ex:

bin/zookeeper-shell.sh localhost:2181
ls /brokers/topics/__consumer_offsets

get /brokers/topics/__consumer_offsets

Thanks,