Hi,

We are using Kafka cluster with 2 nodes (replication factor 2) - v0.8.1.1
and we have topics with 20 partitions. At consumer side we use v0.8.2.0
kafka library and it's still using ZookeeperConsumerConnection way of
consuming. What we have seen recently is that ConsumerIterator gets stuck
at itr.next call, even though we have millions of messages piling up in
partitions. We enabled kafka client library logging, but didn't see any
exception or warning when this happens. Our itr.next and further processing
is in try-catch, so we always go for next message. Any help will be
appreciated here. Are these two versions of server and client compatible.

Stack Overflow issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33015223/frequent-halts-in-kafka-consumption

--

Sourav Chandra

Senior Software Engineer

sourav.chan...@livestream.com

o: +91 80 4121 8723

m: +91 988 699 3746

skype: sourav.chandra

Livestream

"Ajmera Summit", First Floor, #3/D, 68 Ward, 3rd Cross, 7th C Main, 3rd
Block, Koramangala Industrial Area,

Bangalore 560034

www.livestream.com