I think I understand the concept of partitioning a topic and it's benefits. But I can't find any clear explanation of relationship between partitions, brokers and physical servers. Is there any document or article that discusses the number of partitions for each broker and brokers for each server, for example?

In some articles there were examples of a topic with 4 partitions in 4 brokers. Is this a typical implementation of partitions and brokers, i.e. n partitions require n brokers?

I would like to be able to use best practices to size the number of servers, brokers and partitions.

Thank you,
--
Julio Camara