Hi guys,
to get straight to the point, we have a local "cache" (cache in the Guava
sense: https://github.com/google/guava/wiki/CachesExplained) in our server
application that stores info about the current leader (used to construct
SimpleConsumer).
We want to have that information updated as soon as the new epoch starts.
So I'm watching the ZK node that keeps that information, which notifies me
of any changes, which is then trigger to update the leader information in
cache.

Do you see any problems with this approach and, if yes, could you suggest
an alternate way of accomplishing the same thing?
Or should I just forget about it and use the recommended approach from the
low-level consumer code example in the wiki (which I currently use as the
fallback)?

Thanks,

Marko Bonaći
Monitoring | Alerting | Anomaly Detection | Centralized Log Management
Solr & Elasticsearch Support
Sematext <http://sematext.com/> | Contact
<http://sematext.com/about/contact.html>