I’m not quite sure why you would need to do this - the broker IDs are not
significant outside of the internal metadata. But this is what you would
have to do for each move (assuming you are running with at least
replication factor 2):

1) Shut down the broker
2) Clear its partition data
3) Reconfigure the broker to the new ID
4) Restart the broker
5) Issue a partition reassignment to reassign all of broker 1’s partitions
to broker 0
6) Wait for the broker to replicate all it’s partitions from other members
of the cluster

That’s a lot of moving data around, just to renumber. You can’t just issue
the reassignment while the broker is down, and not delete the partitions,
because the ID number 0 is unknown, so the reassignment will fail (the
broker is not online). If you wanted to shut the entire cluster down you
could, in theory, walk through the Zookeeper tree manually changing all the
replica information. That assumes you can shut the whole cluster down for a
while.

-Todd