Hell Apache Kafka community,

I'm still investigating an incident; from initial findings topic deletion
doesn't seem to work well still with Kafka 0.9.0.1, likely some edge case
not covered.

Before with 0.8.2.x it used to happen that non-lead replica would be stuck
in topic deletion process, and workaround was just to restart that node.

If I'm not mistaken, that edge case got (or at least is expected to be)
fixed in 0.9.0.1 via KAFKA-2937
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-2937>

Request to delete topic continued to be there in ZK even after whole
cluster restart - topic seemed not to exist, seemed to actually be deleted,
but request to delete topic would remain. Had to manually delete request
node in ZK.

When I have more details, and reproducible use case, will report back.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.