Hi, avro Schemas imply a pretty big overhead, if you would include them in
every message. It's good practice to include a schema id with the message...
Then you need a schema repository to lookup the matching schema based on the id.

Have a look at confluent.io. They offer a schema repo among other Kafka related
tools.

Regards

Jan