Yes, I followed those steps for setting up SSL based authentication. ok, If
I understand correclty, the subject name of the client cert is what I need
to use when running kafka-acls script to add acls on topic.
Those will be validated against the client cert trustore/keystore locations
specified through java client for producers and cnsumers.

Is that correct?

Thanks
Sri