The most common use case for Kafka is within a data center, but you can
absolutely produce data across the WAN. You may need to adjust some
settings (e.g. timeouts, max in flight requests per connection if you want
high throughput) to account for operating over the WAN, but you can
definitely do it.

-Ewen

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 12:02 AM, ali <rahm...@ipreez.ir> wrote:

> Hello Guys.
>

> We are going to install Apache Kafka in our local data center and different
>
> producers which are distributed across different locations will be
> connected
> to this server.
>
> Our Producers will use Internet connection and also will send 10mg data
> packages every 30 seconds.
>
> I was wondering is actually Apache Kafka suite for my scenario ? Since we
> will use Internet connection
>
> internet , should I be worried about network related problems such as
> performance and latency ?
>

> Thank you
>
> Ali

Ewen