I think you're saying that the session isn't expiring that and the ephemeral
isn't getting deleted. Or maybe the session is expiring but the ephemeral isn't
being deleted? It'd be great if you could check that the broker session is
expiring eventually.

Since you're on the 3.5 branch, you may want to use 3.5.2-alpha or simply try
3.4.8 as Harsha suggested.

-Flavio