Hi,

We have an idempotent consumer group which is consuming a single topic. Due
to a software mistake, we just reset the consumer group's offsets to
consume from beginning.

Our topic retention is 7 days. Our software mistake was made 3 days ago. We
are currently processing the second oldest day of our logs. If I reduce
topic retention to 3 days and brokers purge old logs, will consumer groups
automagically start consuming from the "new beginning" (that is, new
smallest offset)? This would save us some processing time...

Thanks,
Jens
--

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.