Hi,

I have a pipeline that publish message with v0.8 client, the message goes
to v0.10 broker first then mirror maker will consume it and publish it to
another v0.10 brokers. But I got the following message from MM log:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid timestamp -1

        at
org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.ProducerRecord.<init>(ProducerRecord.java:60)

        at
kafka.tools.MirrorMaker$defaultMirrorMakerMessageHandler$.handle(MirrorMaker.scala:678)

        at
kafka.tools.MirrorMaker$MirrorMakerThread.run(MirrorMaker.scala:414)

Above error makes MM dead. I am not sure if KAFKA-3188 covers the test. Or
are there any parameters for MM that can fix above error?

Thanks!

Samuel