> Good morning. Which benchmarking tools we should use to compare performance
> of 0.8 and 0.10 versions? Which metrics  should we monitor ?

It dependents on your use-case/requirements (if any).

I suggest you take a look at a general high-level benchmark made by LinkedIn.
They’ve focused onto throughput in relation to message byte, and varying
configuration in regard to e.g. replication and so forth.

https://engineering.linkedin.com/kafka/benchmarking-apache-kafka-2-million-writes-second-three-cheap-machines
https://gist.github.com/jkreps/c7ddb4041ef62a900e6c