Hey Matthias,

All my topics have 3 partitions each, and I will have about 20-30 topics in
total that need to be subscribed to and managed.

So, if I create an app which registers handles for each of the 30 topics,
the parallelization / multithreading will be handled behind the scenes by
kafka streaming, correct?

If I deployed 2 more instances of the same app, to have 3 instances of my
app,  will the load get redistributed automatically so that instead of the
same app listening to all 3 partitions for each topic, this gets spread
around so now each instances of the app will listen to 1 partition of each
topic each?

(Each instance of the app will be using the same consumer group name)

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Matthias J. Sax <matth...@confluent.io>