Hello Ali,

Thanks for bringing this up.

We design KStream and KTable to not extending the same base class
intentionally to now allow these classes to be used exchangably or
polymorphically
by design, since their semantics are different for those same-named
methods, for example joins and aggregations, so it is better to enforce
users to think carefully what kind of stream it is applying to.

If you want to "convert" a KStream into a KTable, it should be through
aggregations, and from "KTable" to "KStream" call "toStream" explicitly to
change its semantics.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang