I ran tests with a mix of messages, some as large as 20MB.   These large
messages do slow down processing, but it still works.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: h...@confluent.io [mailto:h...@confluent.io]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:41 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Oversized Message 40k

The default config handles messages up to 1MB so you should be fine.

-hans

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 4:00 AM, Felipe Santos <felip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I read on documentation that kafka is not optimized for big messages,
> what is considered a big message?
>
> For us the messages will be on average from 20k ~ 40k? Is this a real
> problem?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Felipe Santos
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain
sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of
the e-mail and any attachments.