I think you're seeing one of the confusing name changes between old and new
consumers. A quick grep suggests that you are correct that the parameter
for the old consumer is fetch.wait.max.ms, but the parameter for the new
consumer is fetch.max.wait.ms. Since the link you gave is for the new
consumer (and those docs are autogenerated), I'm pretty sure it's already
correct. If you search for fetch.wait.max.ms under the
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation#oldconsumerconfigs section you
should find it there.

-Ewen

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Vincent Dautremont <
vincent.dautrem...@olamobile.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just want to raise a flag concerning an error in the documentation.
>
> it says :
>
> > *fetch.max.wait.ms*
>

> > The maximum amount of time the server will block before answering the
> > fetch request if there isn't sufficient data to immediately satisfy the
> > requirement given by fetch.min.bytes.
>

> but the actual parameter name is
> *fetch.wait.max.ms*
>
> If anyone can make the correction here :
> https://kafka.apache.org/documentation#newconsumerconfigs
>
> Thank you.
> Vincent.

> computer.