The advertised.listeners property would not help you to map a different
port.  If you need to talk to brokers at a different port you should also
set the listeners property accordingly.  Say if you want the broker to
listen at port 10092 as an example, the server.properties needs to contain
these 2 lines:

listeners=PLAINTEXT://:10092
advertised.listeners=PLAINTEXT://<my_host>:10092

Since you mentioned containers, are you using the Confluent's docker
containers?  If yes, the above configs should be taken care of (via an
environment variable).

Hope this helps.

--
Kaufman Ng