Can you use the console consumer to see the messages on the other topics?

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 04:56, Vincenzo D'Amore <v.dam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Kafka Gurus :)
>
> I'm creating process between few applications.
>
> First application create a producer and then write a message into a main
> topic (A), within the message there is the name of a second topic (B). Then
> promptly create a second producer and write few message into the new topic
> (B).
>
> I write here because I don't understand why, a second application which is
> in poll on the main topic, when receive the first message (which contain
> the name of second topic), then, the strange thing is that the consumer on
> the second topic which stay in poll forever, *without receive any message*.
>
> What is wrong in this scenario, am I missing something? Please help.
>
> producer has this default properties:
>
>      "bootstrap.servers":"localhost:9092",
>      "acks":"all",
>      "retries":0,
>      "batch.size":16384,
>      "linger.ms":1,
>      "buffer.memory":33554432,
>
> "key.serializer":"org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringSerializer",
>
> "value.serializer":"org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringSerializer"
>
> consumer has this default properties:
>
>      "bootstrap.servers":"localhost:9092",
>      "enable.auto.commit":"true",
>      "auto.commit.interval.ms":"1000",
>      "session.timeout.ms":"30000",
>      "buffer.memory":33554432,
>      "key.deserializer":
> "org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringDeserializer",
>      "value.deserializer":
> "org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.StringDeserializer"
>
> usually there are 2 active groups (group_A and group_B).
>
> Best regards,
> Vincenzo
>
> --
> Vincenzo D'Amore
> email: v.dam...@gmail.com
> skype: free.dev
> mobile: +39 349 8513251
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may contain
sensitive information, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of
the e-mail and any attachments.