Given that you said you removed the log directories, and provided that when
you did the rmr on Zookeeper it was to the “/brokers/topics/(topic name)”
path, you did the right things for a manual deletion. It sounds like you
may have a consumer (or other client) that is recreating the topic. Do you
have auto topic creation enabled?

-Todd

--
*Todd Palino*