Does Kafka automatically replicate the under replicated partitions?

I looked at these metrics through jmxterm the Value of
Underreplicatedpartition came out to be 0. What are the additional places
or metrics to look? There seems to be lack of documentation on Kafka
administration when it comes to situations like these.