>You can only check the offsets when there is an active member of the
consumer group.

This was a bug [1] thats been fixed.  Thanks to Vincent Dautremont for
pointing this out to me a while ago.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-users/201611.mbox/%3CCAD2WViSAgwc9i4-9xEw1oz1xzpsbveFt1%3DSZ0qkHRiFEc3fXbw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

__

Sam Pegler

PRODUCTION ENGINEER

T. +44(0) 07 562 867 486

<http://www.infectiousmedia.com/>
3-7 Herbal Hill / London / EC1R 5EJ
www.infectiousmedia.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged.
If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and
do not
disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store,
or copy
the information in any medium. Please also destroy and delete the message
from
your computer.