Hi,
Thanks for the explanation. This illustration makes it super easy to
understand how until works. Perhaps we can update the wiki with this
illustration.
It is basically the retention time for a past window.
I used to think until creates all the future windows for that period and
when time passes that it used to delete all the past windows. However
actually until retains a window for specified time. This makes so much more
sense.

I just had one pending query regarding:

> windowstore.changelog.additional.retention.ms

How does this relate to rentention.ms param of topic config?
I create internal topic manually using say rentention.ms=3600000.
In next release (post kafka_2.10-0.10.0.1) since we support delete of
internal changelog topic as well and I want it to be retained for say just
1 hour.
So how does that above parameter interfere with this topic level setting.
Or now I just need to set above config as 3600000 and not add
rentention.ms=3600000
while creating internal topic.

Thanks
Sachin