Can you clarify what you mean by "process time"? Is this the time it takes
to have a message sent from the producer appear in a consumer?

You may be seeing the result of batching. The producer batches messages so
if you are testing sending a single message at a time you will get
different performance characteristics than if you are sending many.

--
Robert Quinlivan
Software Engineer, Signal