Sure, done: KAFKA-4629

Thanks,
Alberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Guozhang Wang [mailto:wangg...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 January 2017 16:32
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Per topic MBeans leaking

" This message originates from outside our organisation. Consider carefully
whether you should click on any links, open any attachments or reply. If in
doubt, forward to ~ Phishing"

The way you used admin tools to create and delete topics looks reasonable to
me. I suspect there may be some race conditions causing the metrics to not be
de-registered.

Could you file a JIRA to track this issue so we can investigate?

Guozhang

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 8:12 AM, <alberto.fo...@natwestmarkets.com.invalid>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> Topics are created using the AdminUtils class as well:
> AdminUtils.createTopic(zkUtils, topicName, partitions,
> replicationFactor, topicConfiguration,
> kafka.admin.RackAwareMode.Enforced$.MODULE$);
>
> The Kafka version is 0.10.0.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Alberto

> NatWest Markets is a marketing name of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
>
> This communication and any attachments are confidential and intended
> solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please
> advise us immediately and delete it. Unless specifically stated in the
> message or otherwise indicated, you may not duplicate, redistribute or
> forward this message and any attachments are not intended for
> distribution to, or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or
> country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law
> or regulation. The Royal Bank Of Scotland plc or any affiliated entity
> ("RBS") accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this message after
> it was sent.
>
> Unless otherwise specifically indicated, the contents of this
> communication and its attachments are for information purposes only
> and should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell
> a product or service, confirmation of any transaction, a valuation,
> indicative price or an official statement. Where this communication
> has been prepared by an RBS trading desk, that desk may have a
> position or interest in the products or services mentioned that is
> inconsistent with any views expressed in this message. In evaluating
> the information contained in this message, you should know that it
> could have been previously provided to other clients and/or internal RBS
> personnel, who could have already acted on it.
>
> RBS cannot provide absolute assurances that all electronic
> communications (sent or received) are secure, error free, not
> corrupted, incomplete or virus free and/or that they will not be lost,
> mis-delivered, destroyed, delayed or intercepted/decrypted by others.
> Therefore RBS disclaims all liability with regards to electronic
> communications (and the contents
> therein) if they are corrupted, lost destroyed, delayed, incomplete,
> mis-delivered, intercepted, decrypted or otherwise misappropriated by
> others.
>
> Any electronic communication that is conducted within or through RBS
> systems will be subject to being archived, monitored and produced to
> regulators and in litigation in accordance with RBS's policy and local
> laws, rules and regulations. Unless expressly prohibited by local law,
> electronic communications may be archived in countries other than the
> country in which you are located, and may be treated in accordance
> with the laws and regulations of the country of each individual
> included in the entire chain.
>
> Copyright 2014 The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. All rights reserved.

-- Guozhang