Hi Michael,

I was aware that the output should be written in a kafka topic not the
console.

To understand if streams can reach the kafka as Eno asked in earlier email
I found http://docs.confluent.io/3.2.0/streams/quickstart.html
#goal-of-this-quickstart and went through the steps mentioned and ran
/usr/bin/kafka-run-class
org.apache.kafka.streams.examples.wordcount.WordCountDemo which works.

However, running the program (e.g. https://github.com/
confluentinc/examples/blob/3.2.x/kafka-streams/src/main/
java/io/confluent/examples/streams/WordCountLambdaExample.java#L178-L181)
in my IDE was not and still is not working.

Best regards,
Mina