Damian,
Is there any way where I can just dump out the contents at a given offset
from a given log segment file.

I am not sure how DumpLogSegment
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/System+Tools#SystemTools-DumpLogSegment>
helps. I already know the log segment file where that message is. Thing is
size is 1 GB and there is no easy way to inspect that file and actually see
what the payload is.

Thanks
Sachin