We wish to enlarge the segment  file size from 1GB to 2GB, but we found that it
will throw the exception as:  “Invalid value 2147483648 for configuration
log.segment.bytes: Not a number of type INT”.
It is because of the overflow of INT, if we set l”og.segment.bytes”  to
2147483648.
Now we are suffering from the “Too Many files open ” problem when we use
Kafka(we have set the max FD to 100,000, but it does not work), the only
thingswe can do is enlarge the segment size so that we can reduce the number of
open files.
But log.segment.bytes is INT type so that we cann’t set the segment size no
more than 1.5GB!