From: SenthilKumar K [mailto:senthilec...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:55 AM
To: Tauzell, Dave
Cc: users@kafka.apache.org; senthilec...@apache.org; d...@kafka.apache.org;
Senthil kumar
Subject: Re: Handling 2 to 3 Million Events before Kafka

Thanks Jeyhun. Yes http server would be problematic here w.r.t network , memory
..

Hi Dave ,  The problem is not with Kafka , it's all about how do you handle
huge data before kafka.  I did a simple test with 5 node Kafka Cluster which
gives good result ( ~950 MB/s ) ..So Kafka side i dont see a scaling issue ...

All we are trying is before kafka how do we handle messages from different
servers ...  Webservers can send fast to kafka but still i can handle only 50k
events per second which is less for my use case.. also i can't deploy 20
webservers to handle this load. I'm looking for an option what could be the
best candidate before kafka , it should be super fast in getting all and send
it to kafka producer ..

--Senthil

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Tauzell, Dave