I think your application (where the producer resides) is facing GC issues.
The time taken for the GC might be higher than the `request.timeout.ms`.

Check your `jvm.log` and update the `request.timeout.ms`. The same property
is applicable to producer, consumer and broker. Increase the config only
for the KafkaProducer.

-- Kamal