Hi Andrey,
My topics are replicated with a replicated factor equals to the number of
nodes, 3 in this test.
Didn't know about the kip-227.
The problems I see at 70k topics coming from ZK are related to any
operation where ZK has to retrieve topics metadata. Just listing topics at
50K or 60k you will experience a big delay in the response. I have no more
details about these problems, but is easy to reproduce the latency in the
topics list request.
Thanks me for pointing me to this parameter,  vm.max_map_count, it wasn't
on my radar. Could you tell me what value you use?
The other way around about topic naming, I think the longer the topic names
are the sooner jute.maxbuffer overflows.
David