Damian,

Which quickstart are you referring to? The streams quickstart only executes
pre-built stuff afaict.

In any case, if you're building a maven streams project, did you modify it
to point to the staging repository at
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/ in addition to the
default repos? During rc it wouldn't fetch from maven central since it
hasn't been published there yet.

If that is configured, more compete maven output would be helpful to track
down where it is failing to resolve the necessary archetype.

-Ewen