Hello Guozhang

thanks.

So after reading much more docs I still do not have the complete picture.

These are our relevant settings from kafka broker configuration:

log.cleanup.policy=delete
# set log.retention.bytes to 15 gb
log.retention.bytes=16106127360
# set log.retention.hours to 30 days
log.retention.hours=720

Though one of internal kafka stream topics (with cleanup.policy = compact) grew
to ~40gb today.

What am I missing? I thought these settings should take care that a given topic
is never >15 gb, right?

Thanks
Björn