Hi,

Is there a guide or API that is implemented that can modify stored offsets in
Kafka? For example, I'm looking to set a consumer groups stored offsets in
Kafka to a specific value. I know there is the `kafka-consumer-groups` CLI
command, but I'm looking for a way to do so from an application (without
calling out to the shell).

I know I could potentially create a consumer, while joining a consumer and
committing offsets this way, however I've been trying this and it seems error
prone - very often I end up with issues where this method is only able to
commit a subset of offsets.