Hello Margus,

Am not sure if I got your question correctly, but, assuming you have a
topic called "*kafka-log*" with two partitions, each of them (kafka-log-1
and kafka-log-2) will contain its own segments.
Kafka Brokers will distribute/replicate (according to the Brokers config)
the topics partitions among the available Brokers (once again, it depends
on the configuration you have in place).

The segments within a topic partition belongs to that particular partition
and are not shared between partitions, that is, one particular segment
sticks to the partition it belongs and is not shared/split with other
partitions.

Hope this helps or maybe you can provide more details about your doubt.

Cheers!
--
Jonathan

--