Hi expert,

I would ask you some guidelines, web-pages or comments regarding my use-case.

*Requirements*:

- 2000+ producers

- input rate 600k messages/s

- consumers must write in 3 different databases (so i assume 3 consumer groups) at 600k messages/s overall (200k messages/s/database)

- latency < 500ms between producers and databases

- good availability

- Possibility to process messages before to send them to the databases (Kafka stream? Of course in HA. Docker? Marathon?)

- it's tolerate missing data ( 0.5% max ) (disk writing is not strictly required), latency has higher priority

- record size: 100-1000

*Resources*:

brokers ( Bandwidth: 25 Gbps, 32Cpus, 1 disk (I/O 99.0 MB/s)

producers -> brokers -> consumers ( Bandwidth: 1 Gbps )

*My* *configuration*:

3 brokers

6 partition (without replication in order to minimize latency)

ack = 0 (missing data is tolerate)

batch.size = 1024 (with 8196 the throughput is max)

producers -> compression.type=none

I did test using kafka-producer-perf-test.sh and kafka-consumer-perf-test.sh and i have a good throughput (500-600k messages/s using 3 producers and 3 consumers) but i would improve latency (0.3-2 sec) or features I'm not still considering.

I thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Gioacchino