Going to pile on here, and also say take that blog post with a grain of
salt :)

Look at your data size, and your desired degree of parallelism for
consumers, and guide to that. Yes, 1000 partitions takes a while to create.
But unless your data size is something like 1 TB per day or more, you
probably don't need that.

-Todd